PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 09:34
Bla_Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF skywalker:
I knew that QantasLink-Impulse is the airline who formed JQ, but what i didnt know is that they carried on their years of service. Sorry !!! It certainly makes sense.

flitegirl:
I know an ex MAM casual that currently flies out of PER ( he has been there for almost 2 years and still waiting for a transfer to the east coast ) and another one that currenty flies out of MEL ( he went over to PER and on the first day on the job as a FT applied for a transfer back to MEL, and I guess he was lucky. ). plus there are quite a few ex mam casuals flying FT out of PER.
My point is, why did ur friend had to wait from 2000 till 2006 to get accross to mainline QF. I guess its not fair on him, because casuals were offered FT positions 2 years ago. Shouldnt him had been offered a positions back than?
I was also on a flight from MEL-CBR ( as a passenger ), and spoke to the Qantas link FA who told me that in 2 years on the list he has moved from number 105 to 100. He said that he will probably have to wait until retirement to come accross to mainline.

As a casual myself Id like to ask u guys if anyone knows what the criteria is? Because, If I were in one of the above mentioned positions, I would certainly be pretty pissed off, knowing that some casuals were being offered FT positions before me.