PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Contact with Brize
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 06:11
Sideslipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lomon,
Did I say it was wrong? I think not.
A somewhat unhelpful and defensive response to a simple question that was merely trying to establish some facts.
The fact that this footnote has been present on the card for the last 3 years to my knowledge would suggest that it was hardly an error in a document that had slipped through the net; (unless Brize doesn't check out references in official publications, presumably authorised by themselves, that often).
Just because an organisation has existed since 1918 doesn't necessarily make it right all the time. In this case it smacks of "we were here first, and therefore we are the experts". After over 60 years in a growing environment I think civilian ATC have just about got the hang of it by now.
London Mil,
Thanks for that snippet. The AIP is not a document I normally consult to that depth!
I am unaware of what the traffic load at Brize is, but your comments about the need for seperate Zone and LARS frequencies suggests it is greater than Bristol's, which I find a tad surprising.
It would seem that all that needs to be done is for the appropriate authority to remove the footnote at the next edition. Problem solved.