PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental Jet Incident approaching TLV
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2007, 00:13
rwethereyet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel It ain't over 'till it'over......

Ladies & Gents,

To begin with,this is only an open observation on what has been voiced here and this is only a point of view so please do not take any offence to this posting.....
Having read all the comments, I can honestly say that everybody should take a deep breath and stop imagining worst case scenarios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been to TLV many times,was very recently based there for a year,flew for a "national airline" and am well versed in their security procedures and I can honestly say that they won't "shoot" down any civilian aircraft until all emergency contingency procedures have been thoroughly exhausted!!!!
For those of you looking for "sensational" CNN headlines....well....get a life!!!!
Until you have been there,done that and got the T-shirt, I suggest that y'all start by educating yourselves on aviation matters in that part of the globe and obtain some kind of insight on what specific procedures dictate for this type of situation before "transmitting blind" and save everybody from any drama!!!
I'm sure that the CO crew did everything that was required of them and the last thing they would expect was to be blown out of the sky!!!!!! Give it a rest and start worrying about world peace for example!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shalom,
RWTY