PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2007, 07:02
the_bug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking on the outside lookin' in

This thread certainly has it's characters. I have enjoyed reading the majority of this one, as I'm on the outside trying to figure out if SIA Cargo is right for me. I am certainly up for a change and forward step in my career. I see a lot of talk which smacks a lot of places I've worked. I'm thinking that this is not an uncommon theme these days; "the brass isn't very interested in Pilot's views and or suggestions"... "cutbacks are a way of life and things won't change for the better because there's a steady stream of folks ready to take their number". Is this even avoidable anymore? I'd go as far to say that a lot of other industries are going the same way... seems to me it's a sign of the times "it's all about the mighty dollar and to heck with what the employees need to endure." I'm sure the bean counters have done the math and figure it's best to do things the way they are doing them. I'm not saying I like it or agree with it, but is it even avoidable these days?
Does anyone know of any Airlines today that are not this way?? Finger pointing and name calling aside, it is a genuine question. I am willing to move anywhere in the world... (just about) to find a company to stay with, hopefully for the rest of my career. I'm thinking there's folks out there thinking... "well, duhhh" but the question stands.
With remaining on topic with SIA Cargo... Is it true that if based in Singapore that you can't leave on days off? What are days off, are they SDO's, GDO's, or something else?
Can you have any impact on your schedule, like any form of bidding?
What is the upgrade timeframe like?
Just to end this off and perhaps stir the pot a little... apart from this being a SIA Cargo post, why has there not been one mention of CX, even as a comparison?