PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benalla six dead and $5,000 VOR reward
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2007, 06:03
J430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes and here is what the Ameriking web site says

:: FAA TSO-C71 approved.

FEATURES:

Extremely Accurate (+/- 20 Feet) and Extremely Reliable.
Compatible with all Transponders.
Prefabricated wiring Harness Assembly Included.
Currently OEM Production Supply (FAA TC approved)
to many Airframe Manufacturers including Mooney Aircraft, Aviat Aircraft, American Champion Aircraft, Luscomb Aircraft, Skystar, Diamond Aircraft of Canada, Aerospaciale Socata Aircraft of Germany etc.

ACCESSORIES:

Wiring Harness Assembly with Connector built-in Thick Tygon Pneumatic Hose, Parker Hannifin Brass Fittings, Anodized Mounting Tray.
OPTIONAL ACCESSORY:

Wiring Jumper, wiring junction interfaces (parallel data) from Altitude Encoder to GPS / Transponders / EGPWS / Air Data Computer etc. This allows Unlimited Cascading to many other Receivers as needed. Hence substituting the requirement for adding a Terminal Junction Block or PCB at the Encoder Data Outputs.

WARRANTY:

One and a half (1 1/2) years. Optional Extended Three (3) years Warranty.

So anybody else have this experience?? I know with any thermal element device they may not live forever and when turned on and off a fair bit they have only so many cycles. Mine was clearly an early failure. It had not failed completely but was very unstable.

Bushy, I see your point clearly hence my comment, the typical Bendix/king Transponder has no PA readout, mine does and its a handy reference if your EFIS and normal altimeter fail at the same time because you can display the PA at 1013 or select the display to actual altitude by entering known QNH.

J