PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2007, 08:46
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add, as a year 2 FO, I take home 2600-2700. That is including all flight pay and NO contributions to the pension that is rubbish. If you want to see how this compares with other airlines, see http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271434

There are no perks other than AXA medical cover, free uniform and allegedly staff travel. I've just booked my summer hols, and I get 85% discount on the ticket, the rest of the family 55%. The price they use is not the quoted internet price, but some other internal one. By the time they added apt, fuel surcharge (oh yes) etc, it worked out the same price as a BA ticket. Needless to say that is what I booked! Oh yes, you do get a free meal as 'staff'.

This years pay negotiations. PB, TJ and RS you have soo misjudged the feeling on the ground. That is two meetings that management have attended and would not even discuss the proposed pay deal, meeting closed after 5 minutes. Let me tell you that this co is heading for a serious industrial confrontation fairly quickly if this attitude continues. All it has done is to harden feelings among the troops, increase the BALPA membership, and in several cases mine included dusting down CV's. Gentlemen, have so misread the whole feeling on the ground.

MON used to be one of the TOP companies to work for. Still is in terms of most of the people I work with, however T&C's have been going down the proverbial 3 degree slope since RS took over, and have recently gone down the London City slope. It's not that long ago that resignations where unheard of, not now. The tally this year runs between 11 and 30 depending on your source, but either way I would not be surprised if that number increases steadily over the next few months. We gentlemen, are in danger of becoming (if not already) a training ground for VS, BA, EJ etc. rather than a career airline. RS, if you think that there is no cost to this, I beg to differ.

Good luck to the CC, you have my continuing support and that goes for everyone I have spoken to.

PS