PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens if SAA goes
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2007, 17:03
Beta Light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again I think the point is missed. I don’t think anyone wants to see S.A.A. closed down, and realistically we all know that S.A.A. will never close down. The way I read the thread is the frustration by many that the non – government funded company’s have to run very lean and super efficient to grow their organizations, while unfortunately the attitude of (a very few only) some at the national carrier is “we deserve it”.

How about we reverse the roles and the show sympathy to the guys who are just as capable, but did not had the chance for some reason to join S.A.A. Show them some support.

My advice to the non national carrier guys is, yes, you guys work hard for what you’ve got, but remember, as long as the government appoint the C.E.O. of S.A.A., and as long as the government tell S.A.A. what routes to fly for what ever political reason, and as long as the government want to dictate to S.A.A., the government must take full responsibility for the balance sheet.

If any of my friends / fellow aviators in S.A.A. can get a slice of the cake for having to put up with it, good for you , good on SAAPA.

Yes, I am anti what the government is doing to S.A.A., but I will never blame my fellow aviators for it. So until the government allow S.A.A. to run itself we should aim our anger at the incompetence, and we know where that lies. Not with our friends who sat next to us in a Comm. / ATP exam.