PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe (Mis)Management. Again.
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 23:33
Smeagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CREAMER
I am intrigued as to how you know about the special deals offered to line trainers. Did the management try to keep the deals secret? It would be very naive of them to think that it could be kept secret. If they needed more line trainers then it would be better to advertise it.
As you say secrecy is very rare in this business. Even less so when some of those involved in the deal tell everyone what they are doing and the company (NJE) could not keep a confidence if their very being depended upon it.

It might make sense to publicise the deals and encourage others to take up the positions however in these cases the pay and T&C's agreed are way, way above the normal 10% extra paid to LTC's. More like 50%.

Two LTC's were threatening to leave the same fleet which would have been disastrous. Despite what they say in public some NJE managers are admitting in private that they can barely recruit sufficient crew to replace those resigning let alone cater for expansion. Take both these factors into account and you can see how these pilots were able to broker their own lucrative deals.

Some of those denying it are obviously NJE management or their allies who don't want everyone asking for the same thing. Others don't want to believe it either because they don't have the deal themselves or have yet to hear it from enough sources.

Let's be honest nobody even remotely in favour of NJE wants to believe me, I'm always the bearer of bad news but in all modesty how often have I been wrong? I get accused of being bitter and twisted but does anyone ever counter my points with facts? No, they drift off when the arguments become too specific.

It is also significant that several of the usual pro-NJE people no longer leap to their defense in these threads. Something trainer too 2 and his oppos may want to consider. Perhaps, just perhaps, they now see their management for what they are.