PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe (Mis)Management. Again.
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 18:11
FormerFlake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Former Flake, I heard on my indoc that the son was not very good and was fired because of this. You work in the office, what is the word on the street?
If they sacked everybody at Netjets who was not very good at their job we would have 50% of the staff we have now. You could say that about most companies to be (slightly) fair to Netjets.

It is not for me to comment on the standard of an individuals work, especially as I did not work directly or indirectly with him. But let us be realistic for a minute. He is a young lad (under 20 I believe) who was given no training, virtually no supervision and was never told formally either in writing or verbally that he was not up to standard. Yet he was working in a challenging and ever expanding company that tries to offer the best service to it's owners. Even if his standards were low he should have got, at worst, a formal warning and given time to improve. He had a couple of months left on his contract so it would have been easy to say to him "get your act together or you will not get your contact renewed". The company would have lost nothing as they are legally obliged to pay his wages until the contract expires.

Whether he was good at his job or not, I don't think he was treated fairly. You can all make up your own minds.