PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welcome Aboard
Thread: Welcome Aboard
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2007, 02:53
fernytickles

Life's too short for ironing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some years ago, while the pax were boarding our flight by walking from the terminal across the ramp, the captain slammed open the side window (146) and started effing & blinding at the tug driver. He (the tug driver) had waited for a gap in the line of boarding pax, then drove thru' to hitch up to the plane. The captain only saw him drive "thru'" the line of pax and reacted with very little of the reserved, calm approach you'd expect, or hope for.

I watched as the tug driver, unable to hear anything from inside his cab, and looking rather puzzled watched the captain gesticulate frantically, and the passengers looked very shocked as they were right under the cockpit window and could clearly hear every single word (f's, c's, you name it) that he screamed.

Having endured this prat's company for 3 days, that was the point at which I decided to avoid flying with him ever again at all costs. Very weird character. Maybe I should have called for the pc police and had the flight cancelled? That would have got me away from him even sooner.....