PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pan Am Beijing
Thread: Pan Am Beijing
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2007, 23:05
flytoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China job

Hello,

I agree 100 % with Derek. It is a very good report of life at Shijiazhuang airport and in China. I also am employed with BPIAA and have been struggling to get standardized. Many flights are cancelled for ATC delays, trafic delays, maintenance, CFI sickness, myself sick, other flights have priority, ferry flights.... etc. 10 times on the schedule and maybe 1 actual flight. And I passed the written tests relatively fast compared to other guys.Decision are made without our knowledge, on the last minute like last week: a guy comes and tell us to take the CAAC checkride and we are not finished with Flight Standard Dept.
The only good is you get paid, but actually you pay for it: your moral is very low, you can' t plan a trip ahead of time, no future vacation because the instability, irritation, you hear complains from everybody.... It is really chaos here, but normal for China; I TALKED TO A CHARMING CHINESE LADY and she said that in her company they have the same problems: therefore BPIAA is nothing really exceptional for bad management, maybe a little bit more complex due to western and chinese managers fighting to control the place.
Anyway,
Take care Derek,

Flytoo! not too much but....it is China