PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO THE HELL IS RECRUITING ANY F/Os ????
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2007, 12:40
Just another student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have loved the chance to get on a nice turbo-prop etc but did not have enough experience.

I could not afford the FI route, salary too low to pay off loan and move out etc

I decided to go and pay for a 737 rating (something which I do not agree with). It does not have to be 20k GBP, I paid 21000 Euro including base check.

Went to see the bank manager, he happily agreed to help me and arranged the money straight away. Cancelled my old Pro-studies loan and gave me the extra funds needed. Absoloute saint, although they of course make money out of me, without his help, I would not be where I am today.

I went to a great training provider who helped me out all the way through the training and then pointed me in the right direction for a job. Left work in OCT 06, started TR course in late November, base check Jan 07 and offered a job in April 07. It was a 2 month long interview process

Self-funding is not for everyone and I am not saying its a good thing, but without that 737 on my licence, I would not have a job right now.