PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2007, 10:02
Bla_Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
johnchen

welcome john chen. hope I can help u out with ur questions.
First of all, forget all together about applying for positions via the QF site. QF hasnt recruited full time positions for a looooooooooooooooooong time and chances are they never will again.
If u want to fly QF the only way to work is to apply via the MAM site, and sorry to disappoint u again... but if u ever hear that the way to get a FT position with QF is via MAM, forget it again, chances are of 1 in a 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000 of that ever happening.
If u get a job with MAM, u will sign a contract known as the "C contract", u have to be available 20 days and the company gives u back 20 duty days ( its their new way of employing "full time" but under a casual agreement, u know, much cheaper work force, bla bla bla, wont bother u with that now !!!! ). sure if u get the job u will hear plenty of that out online. Under the "C contract" u can only nomminate 3 consecutive days off per mth, the other days off will be spread throught the mth ramdomly. the "C contract" doesnt give u much flexibility really.... im a C contractor and have always been used to shift work, so i guess, it hasnt so far disrupted my lifestyle too much. some newies are strugling though, but hey. if u want the job, thats the only way to go.
It shouldnt be too hard for u to get the job as a language speaker, mandarim is one the required languages for QF, and, if u operate on a flight as a language speaker, u get paid an additional allowance. its only AUD$ 50 per flight, per sector ( i think, as im not a language speaker dont quote me on that ). but u know. whatever aditional money that comes along is a bonus.
out of the Brisbane base expect to fly to hong kong and singapore a bit. and as a language speaker u will probably operate flights out of sydney to shanghai and beijing. also will u operate domestic patterns, a bit of single day duties + 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 day trips.
If u need any more help fell free to ask. am happy to help as much as i can.
Good luck and although all the politcis that comes with the job and the industry Im having a ball!!!