PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO THE HELL IS RECRUITING ANY F/Os ????
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 19:51
Ops! I did it again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also got some quality multi piston time in air taxi aircraft before I landed the jet job... Not only does it make your CV stand out but that kind of experience really helps out when the sh1t hits the fan on the line! And most employers know it!!

Doing an instructors rating or parachute dropping or Air taxi taxi work also proves that you can cut it in the real world of flying.

If I was recruiting for my company, In a perfect world I would not look at anyone straight out of a flight school with 200hours unless the majority of my captains were VERY experienced... (You should do some kind of instructing apprenticeship or summit)... But it aint a perfect world!!!!!

Maybe this is why people with 200 hours are finding it hard to get a job? In some companys (especially those with rapid expansion) there simply aint enough very experienced captains across the board to keep the average cockpit crew experience levels at a high enough level to satisfy CAA
requirements?

Maybe, Maybe not... just my 3 cents worth!

Hope I havent offended anyone... Just trying to help you see why its not easy to get that first (well paid) job... Best of luck in the Job search, Chin up! It will happen one day!!!

Oh yes forgot to say... If your only in it for the money and GIRLS and glamour???... Then I have no sympathy!..... You should love to fly first... glory later!