PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings NZ
Thread: CTC Wings NZ
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2007, 04:02
glekichi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The UK cadets get jobs because the UK has a pilot shortage and 250hr pilots are acceptable to airlines. If you have the right to live and work in the UK, then this school might be a good option.
Here at home in OZ/NZ though, Id say that you're going to be hard pressed to find an airline that will take on a 250hr cadet, regardless of how "professional" the training is. There are still plenty of pilots in OZ and NZ with real world charter experience, and believe it or not, they have more than 250hrs in their logbooks.
On the other hand, if you look at things realistically, you probably will have a good shot at getting a job instructing there when you're done, if you do the training with them.
Most NMIT affiliated schools hire mostly ex-students.... so I would reccomend that the best way to choose a school is to look at the kind of work they do other than the instructing.
The organisation I trained with took me on full-time only 6 months after my course ended, and in another 9 months (maybe less) Ill be doing twin charter and air ambulance. Hard to complain about that really.