PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "604 Driver" the tuth
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2002, 10:11
ayios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
604 drivers article collected some 7 pages of replies and only one person had the sense to realise that 604 might have had a hidden agenda, most replies were just the “hang him/report him” brigade who sadly contribute little to the feeling that we are a “Profession” rather than just a “job”

If by being guilty of sour grapes (Daifly) means that I do not have the right of reply to a devastating indictment on my ability then I must plead guilty and I have a certain respect for the argument of Northernsky in that the original article by 604 Driver should never have been published on an international professional forum but having done so I consider that I do have the right of reply, however late.

I had received a written official report from the Principles regarding a flight that 604 Driver had done earlier in the year and his article was a direct petulant response to my official report on latter an incident which occurred on 19/20th March. As the person who not only employed him but was responsible for all aspects of the operation, I did question his mental state in the light of his divorce and had previously offered him time off. He chose to decline this offer. I consider that the whole tenure of his article would show that both the CAA and myself were right in our assessment.. .I never queried his piloting abilities, after all Rudolf Hess managed quite well, out of practice flying from Germany to the UK in the dark in the middle of a war, but they still locked him up for the rest of his life!!

We have a well know author in jail at the moment for perjury, his books are a damned good read but you certainly do not believe everything he has spoken of written.

I repeat my offer, if “Professional” who wishes to have copies of any reports to verify my original reports/statements then they can email via ayios@pprune . “Sailor” has already has a copy and perhaps he has changed his mind somewhat.

“What goes round, comes round”