PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MRA 4, delayed again?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2007, 12:36
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
My main gripe is the amount of money that is being spent on a largely redundant requirment
No Chicken Leg that is my point. YOU don't know enough about what the MR2 is capable of, and you don't know enough about what the MRA4 will be capable of. Sub hunting is only a small part of both aircraft's role and mission. The role(s) have moved on significantly since the introduction of the MR1. The other capabilities embeded within the mission system add to the cost. It is not the single role platform that you suggest.

If you think that the Iranian Kilos could be picked up by a kareoke mike and an iPod headset then you have proven your lack of knowledge and understanding of things ASW. But just to expand upon your knowledge: how noisy is the Gulf and how quiet is a good diesel electric?

And no I am not a Kipper Mate waiting for the new jet. Far from it, I just know a bit (a lot) more about the aircraft and its roles than you appear to.

And out of interest what capability could do what the MRA 4 will be capable of for 2% of the cost? Even if you ONLY include the sub hunting role what aircraft could do it for 2% of the cost? Or is that just another of your unfounded exagerations to make a point? With spin like that I would assume you work in the DPA or Labour Party HQ!