PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC 1 Group
Thread: AOC 1 Group
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 14:17
SaddamsLoveChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do have to say that I think AOC 1 Gp is one of the few 'seat of the pants' tell it like it is senior officers that garners my respect. I think that anyone who deploys now and does not consider what their involvement means is deluding themselves. By signing on the dotted line and remaining in service you agree that you are willing to make that sacrifice; if you arent and dont believe that, then you should leave.

Command is a lonely place and unpopular decisions have to be made, all he was doing was trying to stimulate debate and remind individuals of the need to consider the unthinkable. Some of the comments on this thread are appalling, on the 25 anniversary of the start of the Falklands I am disgusted that some of my peers think this way and comment to erode the service in comparison to our brothers in the Navy and Army.

Get on with it, do your Jobs, consider what may be required of you and if you dont like it get out. I dont believe I can support this Governments position and I am leaving in a couple of months but until then I will do my duty.

MAN UP or MOVE ON...........