PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visa expiring, options?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 00:53
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
didn't really know what to do with a foreign applicant
More than likely. Today they are hurting for numbers and I think you may stand a better chance. Thats the way it was during my time, albiet I was already an LT. We had guys with lenses on that couldnt hit thier ass with both hands......in my flight class. But we also had a couple hundred graduating every two weeks. Now its much less and per month.
No matter what anyone tells you, "If it aint in writing, it dont exist"
My friend is from Manchester England ( and is the only Man U fan that I know of) came over did the the deed and was in Vietnam as a Pilot before the ink was dry on his contract. He did rather well and is now retired from California Highway Patrol also. Hes the type of person I love to see come to the US. work hard, solid citizens.
On the other side of the coin, had another guy from the UK here , hard worker, good family man and they took away his Visa. I was so pissed off at my country. Heres a great guy, great family and he had to go back. BUT daily we have thousands cross the border most of whom I dont blame, BUT now I have to take care of them. and they get things free that I have to pay for........Its a crazy world out there for sure.