PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 17:22
Stelios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wee Jock McPlop,

Thank you for your moronic response. FYI I have actually posted this elsewhere in Airlines Airports and Routes, but the mod has moved it into this thread.
Besides, you may be a controller stuck in the same place all your career, where's pilots get to see and talk to a lot more ATC people than you could ever imagine, often 4 in one day! Therefore we get the bigger picture and when we come accross some "ingrown" and very "local" procedure we look at each other with some puzzlement!
Your acrimonious response indicates an exteremely defensive streak, but for what reason? If you know the answer then give it.
Remember though, you are not in charge of what people may or may not say or ask on these pages. I suggest if you feel THAT upset by the question then you get some therapy! Love Stelios

Bagheera,

Thanks for your much more coherent answer. I don't particularly wish to have long discussions on this one subject, so I won't be going to other forums for this.
I can't see what the problem is in saying "you are cleared all the way to xyz holding point" and do away with it like that, but what the hell, life's too short!