PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch T & C's
Thread: Monarch T & C's
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 15:38
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sadly Scarebus, quite a large portion of the senior Captains you speak about, and I'm talking those who are approaching double digit seniority, don't give 2 sh%ts about the present situation, they represent the "I'm alright Jack" attitude that is borne out by their inaction.

The trouble is that there are two different companies within one at the moment, and I don't mean scheduled vs charter either.
The senior guys (B767/A330) are on very good contracts i.e. over 90K basic, 450-500hrs a year, plus 10-15k on voyage etc etc etc

The rest of us, well 750-900hrs per year, crappy DC pension, little or no voyage, and a Basic that has slipped markedly in comparison.
RS, MP, PB, and TJ are going to need to get very close to the asking level from the CC, they also need to invest in the future i.e. rostering, an Ops department that can make decisions, and accept that MON is no longer the desirable place to work it once was.

Don't expect much help from the longterm employed, many of them couldn't care less about our situation, they are more interested in protecting their FS pensions, which is ironic and sad really, given that they themselves have benefited from the hard work previous long servers put in.

I personally know of 7 f/O's who are sitting on yes letters to various carriers who haven't tended resignations yet