PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 12:55
TooBadSoSad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir O 'sis',

There was no intent to offer a measured response. I don't mince my words and did not feel that tact was part of the equation of getting the point across to you and your wannabees. It seems that an in-your-face approach is all that works for the SAA pilot bashers. And I was not telling my fellow aviators to ps off, just you and your mates. I have respect for my fellow aviators, including my many friends who fly for operators other than SAA!!

And back to the topic of SAA hiring, seeing as you missed that at the end of one of my previous posts, there will be no hiring for the forseeable future except for possibly those who have already received letters of appointment. SAA has not even put out the bi-annual CAT bid for the pilots because they have no idea what the fleet complement or requirements will be for July onwards. Until the Seabury consultants finalise the proposed 18 month business plan for reorganising SAA, plus the SAA board having to vote on it towards the end of the 3rd week of April, nobody at flight ops will have any idea if more pilots are needed.

Post a new thread around April 24th, 25th or thereabouts and I'll let you Pruners in on the gaff!!