PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 11:17
Avi8tor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing the point, again

SAA doesnt need bankruptcy protection as in Chatper 11, cause I just give it more money. I wonder what the response here would be if at the end of the month SAA didnt have money to pay salaries?

Having been in both union and management, I can tell that most airlines DO NOT look at SAA pay scales as a benchmark, they are simply considered absurd as a comparison.

Face facts, the airline is approaching broke!!! The silly part is COMAIR etc pays company tax to keep SAA afloat. And rememmber COMAIR a public company.

It shocks me that the response to the fact that SAA is a great big hole that I throw money into, is that its about jealousy!! Kinda childish response guys. We are all here to make money and a better life for all.

I am amazed that some people seem to think that 'cause they work for the state that there is no reason to make a profit. In fact to the point they seem to think they have some god given right. SAA has never been profitable, so to blame BEE for the current mess is silly. In fact most of SAA management has been white.

SAA has burned over R12 billion in the last few yrs. This has come out of my pocket.

Remember the fat salaries paid to the mostly under worked staff at SAA cost EVERYBODY in South Africa. Please note, this is not only aimed at the flight deck. Know a few people that work in other sections of SAA, the money is crazy by any standards.

I have repeatedly said the pay cuts and retrenchments must apply to all the staff. SAA needs to right size itself. If it cant, go broke.

Take the pain now, privatise the state controlled airlines and let the market play out. Sure there will be pain for all short term, but at the end, we will all end up with a healthy industry.