PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2007, 06:24
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Expectation

The expectation was advertised by SIA Cargo - not imagined by us. We therefore expect SIA Cargo to honour its word.

First let me say that I have no desire to get involved in a mainline v cargo argument. As far as I am concerned it would be counter productive and we are all on the same side anyway - aren't we?

Second; If a company advertises that an employee can expect a certain level of remuneration then delivers less than 50% of that remuneration it is guilty, amongst other things, of misrepresentation and would have a hard time defending itself. Especially so since the company has tacitly admitted its misrepresentation by reducing the "expected allowances" figure after we had all signed our bonds.

Third; It would be easy to resign if we weren't bonded wouldn't it? It may be necessary to take legal action in order to resign in a manner that results in a reduction or even write off of the bond. Some people are seriously considering that course of action. I have not reached that stage yet but it's getting close.

No argument with mainline, and the "rat" monica is deserving of an apology imho but will leave that to CJ and his conscience.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 2nd Apr 2007 at 08:07.