PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 1st Apr 2007, 15:19
nugpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that collective agreements MUST be protected, so I have no wish for SAA pilots to be forced into paycuts.

That said:

TooBadSoSad said:
feel that I am worth every cent I'm paid
Don't talk twaddle. You are the reciprient of many years of collective bargaining at SAA. You had nothing to do with your current fortunate salary, because
The last time I flew ... sob story ... was about 10 years ago.
allow me to make the best possible decision and react in the best possible way that all that previous experience has collectively primed me for.
You are obviously still a first officer and will not really be taking those enormous decisions. Still, you earn as SFO10 more than any other captain in the country (outside SAA).

I have perused SAAPA's MOP agreement. It is a wonderful example of years of collective bargaining experience, but unfortunately does not take the realities of living in SA into account.

Like I said before in this thread. Don't let Seabury and SAA management take away what you have managed to collect over the decades, but don't try to justify your salaries to other pilots in this country. You can't. Especially not as an FO.

My contempories in SAA are now short range captains. They sacrificed and ate up years of cr@p as FO's and are now well-off. I took a different route in life and am very happy where I am now, so don't try to dismiss me as a wannabe.