PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 1st Apr 2007, 04:31
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you're misunderstanding me - your point seemed to be that SAA salaries are none of my business. I maintain that as a taxpayer, SAA's non-profitability is of interest to me. If salaries are looked at (eventually, obviously there are more pressing concerns) to return it to profitability, I would consider that logical. That is all. You also seemed to argue that because the billions of Rands of support given to SAA was a small amount when compared to the total expenditure of government, that it was irrrelevant. I disagree with that. Nonetheless, while I won't say that there's something so special about SAA pilots that they deserve such notably higher salaries than anybody else in the local industry (there have been one or two rather arrogant posts about that in this thread), that is what they have negotiated for, and what's in their contract, so I have no personal 'fairness' issues' with that. Like you say, we all signed our own contracts.