PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 31st Mar 2007, 19:50
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frogman1484
About the tax...crap mate!!! If it was about the tax you would be going on about the pay of the ministers that do nothing all day , the government corruption, the underpaid policeman and the lack of security that your tax should be paying...Mate I do not buy that this is about your tax dollar...what minute percentage of the government tax income is going towards the SAA pay ( the square root of f all).

Not having a go at you mate but even if SAA went private tomorrow do you think you are going to get a tax cut...I'm sure you know the answer to that
I would have a go at the politicians if this was an appropriate forum for it, but it's about aviation. And ultimately, any wasted tax money adds up. Sure, we wouldn't see an immediate tax cut if SAA was profitable - but that would be the aforementioned silly politicians at work, wouldn't it? And like I said, it all adds up...to claim that it's irrelevant just because it's just a drop in the bucket defeats the point.