PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Distance Learning Ground School
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 12:21
Shov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Theory Study

LH mate, currently in the same boat so to speak though a little bit further down the road.
I'm on the distance learning route and to be honest it's really about you making some quiet time wherever and getting down to the subjects pretty much on your own.
I have found getting signed up to a good online Qbank and after reading the required coarse work, battering into the questions again & again & again, pays dividends.
Of course it helps to be able to ask questions of instructors at your FTO but honestly if you keep plugging away and back it up with referal to the Q-banks you'll pull through all right. It's not pleasant but neither is it rocket science (Turbines yes -Rockets no).
Some of the exams are lighter than the rest i.e VFR/IFR Comms, Human Performance. But some are truely rough going and as with everything understanding the subject matter is THE way to learn rather than by rote.
Good luck to you and bear in mind what Turbine says, your attempts are limited and finite. Look at the whole course, decide what you can lump together (preferably 7 at a time) and should you fail some on first attempt carry them forward and repeat with the second 7.
All the very best.