PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer
Thread: BA CityFlyer
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 12:08
Captain Jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comment Tandem, thanks.
I suppose one could assume from those two scenarios that my job i safe whichever comes to pass. However....if your first option happens, ie the Babybuses, what would be your take on what would happen to me and my LHS colleagues? I know you don't know for certain, but do you think we would be grandfathered by base, or would we be displaced for mainline chaps who would be (presumably) already rated on such a type?
With your second option, I suppose that one has the attractiveness to BA of staying lo cost (relatively anyway) and retaining more freedom of manouvre and perhaps an attempt to expand those lo cost ethics into LGW. From my own perspective the second option is not attractive because it means the whole LCY operation remains vulnerable to the latest short term idea. Unfortunately I can't see BA wanting to suddenly increase the costs of the whole thing by making it part of mainline. Why in particular do you think that a move to the RJ85 means no mainline accession ever? I know the airplane is smaller, but why should that alone be a deal breaker?

However, as you say, the RJ leases are coming up, so someone will have to make a decision, make a decision, make a decision make a decision make a decision

BTW, did anyone hear a rumour about the departure of one of our very senior people into the ranks of the CAA?