PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 3 (Including the FlyBe/BACon merger)
Old 31st Mar 2007, 12:02
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyBe LGW Executive lounge

To be frank any lounge facility is preferrable to the shambles that is LGW South terminal.

Returned home on Thursday with family. Had found the on-line booking process, seat selection with all of us paying for Economy Plus, check-in and boarding pass print (complete with meal vouchers!) worked well both out and back.

Braved the terminal chaos for a while. Disgusted by the food, sun lotion bottles and other detritus strewn on the floor. Dissapointed by the lack of choice for food (Big Mac or Crusty bun) for both us and the kids.

Finally located the lounge and set the kids up with their video player and headphones. Woman came in, took all our four vouchers and mentioned that kids weren't allowed in the lounge, but as they were quiet it would be OK. No mention of this restriction on the website; kids' lounge vouchers happily printed on their meal voucher sheets. Longe facilities were fine, and as good as many of the smaller lounges I have encountered in far flung corners of the world.

My wife an I concluded (and incidently I am a BA Gold Card holder - for now) is that without the lounge facility we would under no circumstances use FlyBe from LGW South again, and if my kids are in fact banned from the lounge, then we'll be travelling with the competition via LCY in future.

Which is a shame as the crews were, as usual, absolutely wonderful.