PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer
Thread: BA CityFlyer
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 08:33
Captain Jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy and the future??

All of us I think, but who could really have predicted the shambles back when BA bought us up? Not many people admit to seeing all this cr@p coming, that's for sure.
The big question now is the NEXT decision, which has to be based on the future of Cityflyer. Seems to be lots of talk that now we're smaller and (ha ha) more profitable, we will eventually be quietly absorbed into mainline. I have difficulty with that one personally, but then if you consider the alternative, is there REALLY a secure future with such a small operation funded from the coat tails of BA? The optimists are talking about babybuses coming in time, but I think that would be against the BACC scheduling agreement, so that won't happen - at least, not for us.That means that if the RJs are replaced, if we are not in big BA, we're stuffed. Any comments from anyone, any thoughts? Problem is that the longer you delay a decision, the more difficult it gets, and you start to think that maybe it'll turn out OK. Problem is I've lost count of the times I've waited for an "announcement" thinking it would be good news, and every single time it's been bad. The luck has got to turn.