PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2007, 04:30
BNEHKG9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi There,
I am a pilot for a major Asian carrier and have just returned from a trip to KL and would like to make some comments on the quality of the atc.
Lumpur Radar often leaves aircraft very high on their descent. This problem has improved a lot since the implementation of uni-directional routes but aircraft are still left high on descent on a regular basis. For example, the other day we were left about 13000ft higher than our normal descent profile.
You guys must also to appreciate that doing something like creating a holding pattern around an intersection that isn’t in our route takes a little bit of time to locate and program into the Flight Management Computer. Lumpur Radar can’t expect to give us instructions to hold like this within 2 to 3 miles of the waypoint and expect us to be able to comply with it.
Having said that the subsequent frequency (Lumpur Director I think) was very helpful and understanding. He asked us if we could do things instead of just telling us.
From my understanding, the problems all came from bad weather passing over the airfield and also a runway change, so obviously things were very busy with controllers having a lot to think about. However, this must happen on a daily basis and anyone would’ve thought that you guys would be able to get used to it.
Sorry if I seem harsh, just being honest
cheers