PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EUROCONTROL FEAST test
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 16:16
namne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you'll find a site that offers more info about the test than wikipedia.

It's difficult (if not impossible) to study for the tests but there are a couple of things you can do to prepare so you won't be caught completely off guard.

x Practice remembering numbers. Some of the numbers are incredibly long and include commas.
x Play computer games that involve tasks like sorting shapes and figures. You will only have about a second to decide where to put a certain shape and the sorting rules change all the time so don't forget to pay attention to the sorting info you get.
x If English is not your native language you may want to get your listening comprehension up to a high level. The texts are read with a British accent so focus on that.
x Get used to thinking in degrees and to give heading instructions.

Phase 2 focuses more on real ATC tasks like spotting conflicts, discharging strips and entering flight data. There is no radar view, only a screen with strips. I've never played an ATC sim so i don't know how they work but it could be a good way to get used to the logic behind strips and to understand how an aircraft travels between airports from the info given on strips. If you're used to terms like fligh levels, speeds and what a conflict is it gives you more time to focus on the test itself instead of trying to understand what they mean with all those words

That's pretty much all i remember from the tests.. Like i said, there are things you can do to be somewhat prepared, but it all comes down to who's got what it takes, either you do or you don't.

Good luck!