PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2007, 00:57
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSSOV

Some of those poor eastcoasters that went to perth for permanent in 2005 only spent just over a year in Perth before being transfered back. Although the rest of them will be coming up to their 2nd year in July this year. The company CANNOT make "contract C language speakers" or anyone else for that matter permanent in Sydney without first actioning the transfer list this is an EBA provision. The word is if you want permanent be prepared to go to Perth.

I am not aware of any agreement to take MAM's into shorthaul whereas Eastern and Sunstate (regionals) have whats called the regional progression agreement, which is an actual document and forms part of their EBA's this dates back to the old Australian Airlines day and is between the FAAA and the company. When 32 or more external applicants (being MAM or off the street recruitment) are taken into Qantas regional progression is actitivated. JQ have a seperate agreement but along the same lines.

Junior cabin crew do quite well if they choose to bid reserve. They often get a better pick of flying then the more senior crew as the seniors will be bid for trips drop them and the most junior has the first opportunity to pick this up, I personally believe that is a good system.

I have heard over the past month that permanent will be offered sometime this year and it will be Perth, hopefully other bases as well but QF have to adhere to the EBA transfer list provision. I have also heard it will be made up of MAM and Australian Airlines and this will actitivate the career progression agreements of Eastern, Sunstate and JQ.