PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 28th Mar 2007, 19:56
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether his facts are true or not, I personally know that the modular route still works, but might take a little longer.

I know for a fact that you’re enjoying this post, sitting with your feet up on the desk with your hands behind your head laughing. What you’ve actually done is make yourself look very big headed and stupid.

Referring to your "Superior" title, modular students still end up flying a jet, it still works, even if it takes a bit longer; I tend to look at it being the more sensible route.

Question, how did YOU finance your Integrated course?

I am aware that modular students might have to obtain either an Instructor job or a low paid flying job for a few years before they see the sight of a shiney jet.

..but then again, I know of people who have known others, who did modular and within a few months have found a doorway into the industry, or even through CTC …

I am aware of the risks involved with flight training, that’s why a lot of us have “back-up” jobs, to still bring in the cash.

Did your modular friends buy type ratings, as their personal circumstances might be a tad different then – this is something I’m taking into account and allowing for?

I agree Integrated is the way to go, but not all have that option due to their personal circumstances (at the moment). Just because one might have money doesn’t make them a better person, the fact is modular people do “eventually” find work.

Personally I would do modular, instead of putting all my money on an Integrated course.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I also have heard of Integrated students not finding work! lol

For someone who pays less, expects to find it more of a challenge,.. but hey, I think modular students are use to that already with the challenge of financing it, so a lower paid job, gaining flying hours and then a jet job is one of those things to be expected.

Modular people have to ask themselves:

Who do you know in the industry?
What are you like as a person/personality/character?
Do you have a type rating?
Was your training consistent?

…the rest comes down to luck and being in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to the world of aviation, tell me something I didn't know.

Last edited by Cirrus_Clouds; 28th Mar 2007 at 20:08.