PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 28th Mar 2007, 18:17
hobbit1983
Professional Student

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I considered going integrated, before I started modular. The modular route provides a lot more variety & a broader base of knowledge compared to the integrated route. It is also cheaper.

To expand on that - where in the integrated course provided by OAT for example would I get to fly taildraggers, visit farmstrips, do aerobatics...all of which I have done on my modular route. Yes those items are not essential to getting a shiny jet job....but they will certainly add to your aviation knowledge, and are defintely a lot of fun too!

This is not to say that integrated courses are less worthwhile than modular - but rather horses for courses. Me I'd rather do the modular, get some extra skills, broaden my horizons (I'd bet the joy of Super Cub flying isn't part of OP's experiences).

Oxford P - So nice of you to condesend, unbidden and unwanted, to give us the benefit of your knowledge. I think you will find this subject IS up for debate, and as an aside, I would also hotly contest your opinion of the Skyvan.

I'm also 100% certain that there are modular students out there who will in fact get their CVs through the door. I'm also very skeptical that Integrated IR students have tougher examiners for their IRs. Care to present any evidence for these two statements?

Are you seriously trying to tell us that NO modular students ever get "proper jobs" and that there are different standards for the IR, based on whether or not you went to OAT?

Or are do you not have the strength of your arrogant, ill-founded and quite frankly idiotic convictions?