PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Fat to Fight!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 12:55
Lomon

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
There is often more to it than just PEd.

1. Fitness will never prevail while the messes (like the one at which I am foced to pay for) are contracted to provide 7000 calories per day.

Granted I don't eat there, you get fed up of chips, hash browns, waffles, croquettes, with pies or burgers every day, but not everyone wants to pay over £100 per month for food of that quality.

2. Apathy of PEd staff's. Working at a small unit with no PEd flight of our own, It is a 2 hour drive each way to use the RAF Gym, that means a full workking day to attend the fitness test. We have a small gym here, but the PEd staff refuse to come here to run the tests as it is not a good use of their time (although it is OK for the 40 staff here to have to spend a day out of the office to go to them)

3. Is the beep test a fair measure? I know of some people who can complete the London Marathon, yet cannot pass the test because they slow down too much on the turns.

4. The Navy are probably laughing anyway, as they have a right to 2 hours PEd per week during the working day (at least according to a big poster on a Navy base I occaisionally visit,) and who cares what the Army think, after all they weren't recruited for their intellectual capacity anyway