PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Fat to Fight!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 12:45
formertonkaplum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well a Tornado is, as is a Typhoon, as is a C-130 etc - but hey! no need for serious proper maint, we can send all the lads off for phys instead - wg says its OK

Come on, do your comparisons on a level playing field!
Well Said MAPLE.

WIG13 Dummy; As it happens I a do like a Ginsters (in preference to the Fodder given in Pack-ups mainly OOA), I am not overweight and I am medically incapable of sweating. Oh, and I have never failed an RAF FT at the current requirements. I merely do not associate why we are AGAIN having to raise our levels on the FT?

We are busy people (and I realise we are not alone). However, 99% of the RAF (excluding the medically downgraded) are quite capable of FULLY performing their respective duties. They are therefore, FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Where do you stop raising the bar too? The RM's do 28 Miles in 8 Hours or something equivacal, as a final test. Under the perscribed 'WORST CASE SITUATION', should all Military Personnel be able to do that in case they find themselves deployed with Marines?

Hell, just post an SAS PT instructor to every Service unit and encompass us all into the SF mantle.