PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Fat to Fight!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 11:03
Maple 01

TAC Int Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you crabs are saying you can't spare 30 mins a week on a bit of basic phys?
No worries, just tell us which airframe you don't want tomorrow for CAS/transport etc, oh hang-on, silly me, I expect a bit of a private life, should have know we'd all transfered to the inf. You play it your way in the army, we'll do it our way - jointery my @rse! Another example of 'for purple read Green'

So you crabs are saying you can't spare 30 mins a week on a bit of basic phys?
Its not about that is it? Its about ratcheting up a discredited test system to a point that a 40 YO bloke is expected to be fitter than an 18 YO bint and then threatening to bin perfectly good people because they can't pass some mythical fitness level that has no impact on their operational employment.
Better yet, wrapping it up in the blanket of 'operational necessity' to stifel any cries of 'foul' when it comes to the gender gap - surley (and I notice its advocates ignore this point) if the FT is all about ops it should be same standard for all regardless of age and sex?

Call me Mr Picky but I thought it was all about Airpower rather than tight vests and hanging around with other sweaty blokes - an Airforce rather than an audition for 'YMCA the musical' if you will.