PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benalla six dead and $5,000 VOR reward
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2007, 06:45
Capn Bloggs

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts
FTDK,

I don't fly 737s, preferring a much nicer ex-McD type, and can tell you that I don't have any problem at all sharing the airspace (SHARING being the operative word, Dick) provided I know there other aircrfat is there and we can organise a mutually beneficial outcome to save either of us having to swan around wasting fuel, time (WOFTAM) and decreasing flight safety. This concept to Dick and his mate the airline pilot from the USA Richard ? is of course totally unpalatable.

Over many many years, I have almost always had a pleasant and safe experience with G/A types in the circuit. Funnily enough (well not so funny really), the only dramas I have had have been since NAS 2b came out when Mike Smith, ably supported by his mate Dick Smith put in AIP:

[QUOTE]Direct Pilot to Pilot dialogue should be avoided where possible./QUOTE]

On two occasions we had to make reasonably positive unilateral flight path changes to avoid a collision and the third time a Cessna went straight across in front of us (we never saw him) as we took off. He made his inbound call on the CTAF but we didn't hear it because we had not yet taxied and he hadn't yet made his downwind call. None of these GAs attempted to say "hey, we're here, are we going to be a confliction?" or even acknowledge our calls.