PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benalla six dead and $5,000 VOR reward
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 11:10
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please forgive my stupidity here people, I have been watching this and the plethora of other threads like it for a while and I'm a touch confused.

From what I can gather Mr. Smith and others in GA would like to make some changes in airspace designation and the duties and role of ATC, this would bring it into line with the US, am I right so far? Would these changes require a large infrastructure expenditure to bring them on a comparable level to the US? If so is this part of federal aviation policy? How long would it take to complete the required infrastructure?

Are others arguing that there is a comparable, cheaper system in ADSB that is not yet in commercial production and a fair way away from general usage. If ADSB is implemented would Mr. Smiths changes still be valid and effective? Are they linked or is ADSB V Radar a seperate argument.

Sorry for the questions I just get a little lost in these threads because it does seem straightforward and I'm worried I may be missing something, or maybe I'm just dumb.
Thanks