PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive easyJet T's & C's Thread
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2007, 08:25
PPRuNeUser0178

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said above 16 weeks FIXED 5earlies then 3 days off 5 lates then 4 days off. This FIXED pattern runs for 16 weeks there fore it is easy to see your days off over a year in advance this is only changed if you move base or are promoted and have to change the roster group you are in.
The reserve period runs for 4 weeks and complies with the CAP regulations, you cannot predict days off in that untill roster publication on the 17th of the month, but once published the days off DO NOT change. There should be some duties with mainly SBY's but in the past due to chronic crew shortgages this month has been seen full to the brim with duties and all in a random pattern, however as manning levels imrove this month "SHOULD" return to mainly SBY's.
There are huge benefits to the above as few jobs allow prediction of days off so far in advance, but if the exact number of days off is vital to your decision to accept an offer that I am assuming you have on the table from EZY then I think I think you may not like the orange lifestyle as there are bigger fish to fry here than that . EZY is a LOCO and we work damned hard and have some axes to grind but these usually relate to more pressing issues like long duty days with inadequate meals or breaks, Min rest between duties, positioning in taxis for silly duties that see a waste of money and resources, unsuitable HOTAC, lack off and inability to book the leave you want ( But you do have to have all your leave and any attempt to make individuals "loose" untaken days will be thwarted by BALPA ), inadequate pension provision, but I have never heard anyone have a burning issue with the total number of days free of duty ( Days OFF ) that we have in a year. The BALPA CC do pay close attention to these details when they have/will negotaite improvements to our lifestyles and always look at total days off in a year under any proposed patterns and with the progression through random - 6/3 -5/2/5/4 and now 5/3/5/4 with 25 days leave I think I am correct in saying the only way our total days free of duty in a year has gone is UP. All due to strong BALPA representation and increased membership.
But if you really need to work it out for yourself, I dont, but maybe someone else will work it out for you, then take get a calander run 5/3/5/4 for 16 weeks count the days off, consult the CAP for min days off apply that for 4 weeks then repeat until you have filled a year and count total days off, add your 25 days leave to that and thats your answer.
ED