PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB pilots to ballot on 27th Feb whether to strike or not
Old 25th Mar 2007, 23:07
Will Bored

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB has gone from such a pleasant place, to such a crap airline to work for. Low pay, crap hours, an unhappy workforce, management and admin staff leaving in droves, half the pilot workforce with applications in elsewhere,.......... and still the management bury their heads in the sand and ask the pilots to trust them one more time.

Personally, I think its time to act. The last 15 promises have not worked so why will this one? The goodwill and positive management energy is there because there is a threat of a strike. Remove that threat, and the energy and goodwill will go, and it will back to the usual Autocratic "stuff the lot of you" attitude, that we have come to experience at GB. After 7 years there, I and about 17 others I know are looking to leave.

I hope the vote for the improved offer is rejected as it falls way short of my expectations. My concern is that if the offer is rejected, it will be perceived by the company as a rejection of the Company Council and their efforts. This would not be the case - the vast majority of the pilots back our CC boys - it would simply be a rejection of the MEASLY offer.

Not long now till the results are out (despite BALPA advertising that the package has been agreed!)