PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swanwick Skygods
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 21:41
chiglet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should/could have retired 18 months ago, bur a divorce/pension law sort of beggared that up... oh, hum
OK, I've been an [RAF] ADO 1963-68 [Some changes in W.C. there ] and have been an ATCA/ATSA from 1969-NOW
I've worked Tower... EGBB, EGCC, App Asst EGBB, EGCC PATCRU [Preston Air Traffic Control Radar Unit] at Manchester Airport [The "Area" function was at Barton Hall....near Preston and the "Radar" function was on the first floor at Manchester Airport] When PATCRU folded, the Manchester "Sub Centre" was created, I was re-posted back to Manchester Tower, where I was employed in the best job in Aviation..... A "Runway Controller" ...as well as a run of the mill ATCA. When the Tower and Area functions were amalgamated, I worked on area...hence the second best ATSA position....Pennine Radar Asst [as an aside, I had 13 Area validations, 4 tower validations, I was an asst FBO, and a qualified STPO]
Sooo, apart from 14 months at Brum, Ive been at Manch since my birthday in 1970
In that time, I have had "Flak" from a grand total of 4 that is FOuR "Controllers"....ALL [except one] were sorted amicably, and V,PDQ. T'other took a slight "uncorrected" error......and a 'nudge' just before the brown stuff met the whirly thing.....
I am NOT perfect, I AM a Human being......So is an ATCO....THINK ABOUT IT
I/my oppo at ANY unit "Could" just save YOURLicence
Sorry about the long winded post, but to ALL the new ATCOs, your "Assistant" probably has forgotten more than you will ever know [about the job] [S]He is there to help YOU to to the Task that you are paid to do...whether they like you or not....................Remember, They are PROFESSIONALSTOO
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy