PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swanwick Skygods
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 20:47
NudgingSteel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know how the ATSA/ATCO interface works in the centres. But I've had a few years experience at airports. Quite apart from unusual or emergency situations, in which I have been helped massively by an experienced and capable ATSA, a decent ATSA makes my everyday routine ops run smoother (just like a decent radar controller at the other end of my final approach track does). I have also, in the past, had a quiet nudge from an ATSA pointing something out that I had missed.

tezzer - you'd be hard pressed to find an operational ATCO or ATSA in a suit during the week. But on a Sunday morning? Worry not my friend, especially as the shift start time of 0700 looked a bit tight on the timing you reported...

Hermano Lobo - you might as well say that First Officers are employed for the Captain to look down on. Or the cabin crew are employed just for the flight deck to look down on. (or serve drinks and look pretty). Some people make sweeping generalisations about Americans. Guess it's up to the individual to sort prejudice from fact, or bias from objectivity.