PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MAPS
Thread: Flybe MAPS
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 15:08
g1344304

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my summary of stage 3 and how I felt it went. I feel it went pretty well overall but its hard to say as we dont get feedback for our tests and I dont know how my answers and own personal experiences compare to others in the interview.

The maths and verbal reasoning tests seemed very simple (although the bearings question threw me off) but i have said the same thing about lots of tests before and made many simple mistakes. I felt my interview went well but there are a few things I am kicking myself for not saying. I stumbled on the question about "what would happen if you went on the flight deck and you thought you could smell alcohol on your very experienced respected captain's breath?" which was stupid because I was expecting that type of question and had prepared for it.

The most worrying part for me was the PILAPT tests. I felt comfortable about the first (hands) test as I have done similar tests before but had not done the second spatial awareness (shapes) test before and I have no idea how well I have done on it to be honest. My worst test was the deviation test (two lines which move). I did improve on each run but all were lowish scores. However on the last test, flying through boxes, I got very high scores which I am quite happy about.

Anyway fingers crossed. Should know by the end of the week! Hopefully if I am not put forward for the MAPS scheme I will still make the grade for and be allowed to attend FTE.