PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 24th Mar 2007, 18:05
CamelhAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmac, read 52049's post again. In a nutshell, this is what he's saying (eloquently in my view)

I give my career 100% of the attention it needs and deserves and expect the same back from my company.
On giving said 100%, where is exactly with your problem with the so-called "entitlements"?

What makes anyone think that they are "entitled" to be provided for by those investors in anything else but a mutually beneficial relationship.
Which is exactly what 52049 advocates. He gives 100%, this benefits the company, so he is fully entitled to benefit also. After, he is doing a job, not as you claim, some sort of "vocation."

Perhaps you'd only be happy when the employee gives 100% and the company gives nothing.

Take a poll among well paid managers in mundane jobs, ask how many would take a pay cut in exchange for a front seat in a 777, you would be surprised at the positive response you would get
And watch as soon after they realise it isn't all it cracked up to be.
This is a job like anything else. The employee is expected to do as required in his/her contract. The company is expected to honour the contract. You will see the employees give 200% when companies start doing the latter. Airlines, as I'm sure you are aware, are rather prone to one-way loyalty.