PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2007, 11:54
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Are we here for the money? Certainly! Are we here just for the money? No way! We came for the adventure, the 744 rating and our retirement planning.

Most of us who joined from other SE Asian carriers were fully aware of the "price of everything - value of nothing" attitude that pervades some of the indigenous corporate culture and I think we just have to learn to live with it.

Thanks to the efforts of the STG, DCP and a few other individuals, I feel that we are slowly but surely moving in the right direction. The (modest) annual payrise has just been awarded, housing allowance is set to increase and for those of us that were complaining about lack of flying - take a look at the May rosters. I am well into overtime, as are most of the other guys I have spoken to.

I also understand that SIA Cargo now has, or is shortly about to have, it's own ALPA representation which can only be a good thing.

Now, if we can get annual leave, staff travel and compassionate leave improved we will have precious little to moan about - won't we?