PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nuked by a Galah
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 12:24
No Galah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All contact is through the pilot agency of course.

Nothing has been omitted or embellished from the facts I presented. There is absolutely nothing to make me suspect that it is an “excuse” to drop me for some other reason. All other paperwork in order, more than 6,000 in command on type – can’t think what they are looking for if it was an excuse to drop me. Everything was proceeding smoothly until they got the “incident report”. I was due to fly over there on Sunday. Needless to say, I’m pretty pi**ed off because I’ve given up my commuting trip this month in order to be available to go to the interview. Now I’ll be wasting my commuting days in Japan.

The facts have been completely and unambiguously explained to the airline (Korean) – by the recruiting agency, although there is always a language barrier when dealing with non-native English speakers. The recruiting agency even contacted the ATSB and were told that if I’d have ticked only the “Accidents” box, the Galah “incident” would not have appeared. They then suggested this to Korean, but were told “No”.

Anyway, still wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with ATSB.