PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Fat to Fight!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 11:13
Arthur's Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast forward 20 years, Maple can still outrun said girly, even if lumbered with GPMG but fails fitness test at level x for 38 YO bloke.
If you can't even reach the very low RAF standard for a 38 YO, you are obviously extremely unfit in which case, I wouldn't expect the likes of you to agree that good levels of physical fitness have so many benefits - both quantifiable and perhaps not - to an employer such as the MOD.

So that's why sportsmen need to high altitude train to play netball on Mt Kilimanjaro but the RAF are happy there is no requirement for same when dispatching unfortunates to Kandahar?
Sportsmen train at high altitude to incite an intense oxygen defecit so that when they subsequently perform/compete at sea level (ish), their bodies are more efficient at using available oxygen.

Kandahar is c.3000'AMSL. Not exactly high altitude. What do you want, an expedition to the Andes at PDT!

Dunno what section/flight you worked in, it was always the sports freaks off sick with a strained metatarsal or some other nonce excuse
Sports freaks? With that statement and the ones above, I now have what I reckon is a very clear picture of you and your probable body shape!

Bring it on Porky!

Regards

A 38YO Wannabee PTI